RE: [xsl] Determining last node

Subject: RE: [xsl] Determining last node
From: "Larry Garfield" <lgarfiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:10:04 -0500

<snip>

There is actually a lot more going on that necessitates the separate
template.  The <xsl:choose> statement is called from a flag element inside a
template file, which then calls back over to the source file to get the
content.  The rest of the template file has its own content, in addition to
other such flag elements that do other things.  I just left that mess out of
my original mail to save space/time/sanity. :-)

The reason I'm using a for-each is that each chapter is being redirected
(via Xalan extensions) to a separate file.  (As is each sect1, in a second
pass through the tree.)  So, I have a for-each chapter, set redirect file,
call the template file and process it.  (Most tags in the template file are
passed through with the identity transform, with only certain special tags
tripping a call back into the source file.)  Is there a better way to do it
that will allow me to determine if there is a "next chapter" or "previous
chapter" to link to in the nav bar on each page?

--Larry Garfield