[xsl] Xalan 2.1.0 and international chars

Subject: [xsl] Xalan 2.1.0 and international chars
From: "Nuri Besen" <nb_news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:18:36 -0400
Hello,

I have been using Xalan 1.2.2 without any problems. I upgraded to Xalan 2.1.0 without problems. But now I encounter a implementation difference between the two and would like to know which one is correct.

I use the xsl:output tag with method="html" encoding="ISO-8859-9". And the international chars show up like "&#304;" in both implementations. I also use it with method="text" and the difference is that the 1.2.2 version produced raw data in the encoding whereas the 2.1.0 produces "&#304;" still. Is this correct behaivour? I liked the older one!!!

Any help one the matter and any work around would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nuri