RE: [xsl] XSLT WG: What is planned for XSLT 2.0

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT WG: What is planned for XSLT 2.0
From: David_Marston@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:40:58 -0400
We started with:
>>I am doing a presentation on XSLT and I was wondering what is on the
>>short list of things planned for XSLT 2.0.

I sent the pointer to the latest (which is February) requirements
document. Now, Pat says:
>Would be nice to have more current information. Especially since I
>suspect that grouping will be massively changed...

It looks like you're planning to say more in that presentation than I
thought. How many slides/bullets would you devote to the topic? The
requirements document is still a good basis for making a one-slide
list with 5-10 bullets. I don't think that the WG has achieved enough
closure that one could talk about what they "will" do as, say, a
1-hour presentation. You can talk about what is "likely to emerge"
for maybe 10-15 minutes; anything beyond that probably presumes too
much. I hope that clarifies the stability and staleness issues.
.................David Marston