[no subject]

From: "Wilcox, Paul" <Paul.Wilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:49:41 -0400

I have a node stored in a variable, and a list of element names.
The stored node is not the context node

I need to find the node that meets these criteria:
1) name is in the list
2) is an ancestor of the stored node.
3) is the closest (most direct)  ancestor of the stored node, from
all ancestor nodes whose names (element names) are in the list,

for example....say the variable NODE has a node stored in it, but this node
is not the context node.
FRONT and OPEN are the list of element names.
I want to find the closest ancestor to the node stored in $NODE, whose name
is either FRONT or OPEN.

can you use parent:: or ancestor:: on a node other than the context node?
Does anyone have any ideas on how i can do this?

Thanks

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>
Paul Wilcox
Software Engineer