Re: [xsl] convert xml file to flat file using XSLT or ASP

Subject: Re: [xsl] convert xml file to flat file using XSLT or ASP
From: "Pedro Gil" <pmpg98@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:24:54 +0100
Well I'm sorry, but IMHO it's much more easier to go from a Flat Text File
to XML than the reverse.

http://www.vbxml.com/snippetcentral/main.asp?view=viewsnippet&lang=&id=v2001
0705195310

Or Kurt Cagle XSLT Solution

http://gethelp.devx.com/techtips/xml_pro/10min/10min0601/kc060501-1.asp

I've been trying to do the reverse, and unless you have a really simple and
small example like the one you gave it's a must to have some kind of schema
to known wich type of field you are outputing, so that you can format dates,
make correct separators for strings or pad the field in a correct fashion.
handling null/empty elements...

Well I'm trying at the moment the convertion from XML/XDR to a FixedLenght
Text file, but it's not yet over, but if the original poster want to give it
a look and come up with a nice feedback, I will be glad to send it the stuff
I have.

Pedro Gil