RE: [xsl] 2 Questions: (1) about looping for declaring table colu mns (2) variable table widths

Subject: RE: [xsl] 2 Questions: (1) about looping for declaring table colu mns (2) variable table widths
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:21:20 +0300
> Q1>>

Hopefully this won't crash your XSLT processor when processing the input you
gave as an example.

<xsl:template match="table">
  <fo:table space-before.optimum="3pt" space-after.optimum="5pt">
    <xsl:call-template name="toy-solution">
      <xsl:with-param name="index" select="@cols" />
    </xsl:call-template>
    <fo:table-body>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </fo:table-body>
  </fo:table>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="toy-solution">
  <xsl:param name="index" />
  <xsl:if test="$index">
    <xsl:call-template name="tableColumn" />
    <xsl:call-template name="toy-solution">
      <xsl:with-param name="index" select="$index - 1" />
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

> Q2>>
> Is there a way to get flexible column widths in
> <fo:table-column> based on
> the text in the table cell rather than hardcoding in the
> <fo:table-column>
> tag? I know fop 0.18.1 does not support that, but do the
> later versions like
> fop 0.20.1 have this feature? Any workarounds?

The current CVS version throws you an error message "WARNING: current
implementation of tables requires a table-column for each column, indicating
column-width". People on the FOP list might be able to help you on the
workaround - unless you want to implement the automatic table layout defined
in 17.5.2 of the CSS2 specification yourself.

Jarno