[xsl] Using !ENTITY to include html

Subject: [xsl] Using !ENTITY to include html
From: "dante" <dante@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:47:57 +0800
G'Day all,

I've been trying to use the following code in the beginning of my XSL to add
some html to my output document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY nbsp       "&#160;"   >
<!-- declares title.html as an external parsed entity -->
<!ENTITY title SYSTEM "title.html">
]>

xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" media-type="text/html" omit-xml-declaration="yes"
indent="yes"
doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" encoding="UTF-8" />

<xsl:template match="/">
        <head>
             <title>&title;</title>
etc.

This works fine using the MSXML parser, but when I've tried server-side
parsing with Axkit I'm not getting the entity added - just a space.

There is no error showing in the Apache error.log -
Apache::AxKit::Language::Sablot::handler seems to be working fine.

Is it AxKit or XML::Sablotron that's causing the problem?

Or is there a problem with my coding that the MSXML parser ignores & AxKit
doesn't?

Thanks,
            Oliver Reid
            Perth, Western Australia
            dante@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            www.vianet.net.au/~dante

p.s. Does anyone know what's been happening with the AxKit.org List & Site?

<tip type="DTD" author="Oliver Reid">
I've found this very useful: http://www.pault.com/pault/dtdgenerator
</tip>