RE: [xsl] FW: ] Top Ten Java and XSLT Tips, #5

Subject: RE: [xsl] FW: ] Top Ten Java and XSLT Tips, #5
From: "Chris Bayes" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:15:22 +0100
Hi David,
> that's what you see if you look at the utf8 encoding of the
> character in a latin1 encoded window.
>
> IE5 on windows will only do that if you set it up wrong:
> forcing it to use the latin1 encoding even if the document
> specifies utf8.
>
> Much as I'd prefer to blame microsoft I suspect user error in
> this case.

It doesn't work on IE6 final either. At least the final I have here. It
displays &#160; as A^  AND for some reason all of the encodings are
greyed out and the only one available is western encoding (windows).
In fact there are so many bugs in IE6 I am surprised it was released.
That doesn't mean to say I agree with tip #5 as IE6 has only been out a
week.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml