Re: [xsl] FOO vs FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] FOO vs FO
From: Paul Terray <terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 12:47:51 +0100
At 11:35 07/09/01 +0200, you wrote:
The Jargon File mentions quz, qaz and qoz as placeholders (IIRC) but
i've never seen them used extensively.

Some GNU sources use "mumble" if foo, bar and baz has already been
used up.

> I think we are asymptotically approaching some kind of "knowledge" on this
> important question.

Just added my 20 milliEuro.

J.Pietschmann

Just to add to the discussion, the french code has some particularity (as we often like to).

Essentially, the base is not "foobar", but "toto", wich is a first name for child used in jokes, and usually a very annoying and dumb child. Any french know some "histoires de toto" ("toto stories").

Since one word is never enough, you get a lot of derivative : "tata", "tutu", "titi", etc. which makes lines like :
<xsl:call-template name="toto">
<xsl:with-param name="tata" select="2"/>
</xsl:call-template>

Which makes things much more readable :-)

Just to add some more euros...

--
Paul TERRAY - Documents Management Systems Engineer
email : terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx