[xsl] XSL-List Status

Subject: [xsl] XSL-List Status
From: "B. Tommie Usdin" <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:40:12 -0400
XSL-List has been down (see below), but is back. Any messages you may have posted during the outage are likely to have been lost; please re-send them - once! And be patient, it may take a little while for messages and replies to catch up.

XSL-List uses an appropriately-named service called BIGLIST to handle the mechanics of the list.  Friday morning I received the following from the president of BIGLIST:

>After several days of uninterrupted service through the worst of
>conditions, BIGLIST's network has finally been affected by the
>events in New York City.  Starting from about 6 p.m. EST (10 p.m.
>GMT), and continuing to the present (4 a.m. EST, 8 a.m. GMT),
>BIGLIST servers have been unreachable due to power outages at our
>co-location facilities.
>
>The latest information we have received is that the municipal
>electric company will be installing backup generators for businesses
>in the affected areas by Friday morning.
>
>As I'm sure you're aware, these are highly unusual circumstances,
>and arriving at the current state took an unpredictable combination
>of events in the wake of an unbelievable act.  Both by careful
>planning and by good fortune, we are pleased to have been able to
>provide you with reliable service thus far.  We are doing everything
>we can to restore access to the BIGLIST system as quickly as possible.

Welcome back to XSL-List.

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx