Re: [xsl] testing for existence of an element - multiple variables

Subject: Re: [xsl] testing for existence of an element - multiple variables
From: Jörg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 13:54:33 +0200
<xsl:if test="$doc1//CommonSoFar/*[name()=$thisone]"/>

Joerg

Irene Hall wrote:

I am working within a multiple XML input environment. I have an XML input say $doc1 within which there are several nodesets which are very similar (but different) I am trying to establish the existence of a particular nodeset $doc1//CommonSoFar/$thisone where $thisone is a variable containing the name of the element that I am testing for.

<xsl:if test="$doc1//CommonSoFar/$thisone"/> I get a compile error with an objection to the second $ . How else could I code this ?

I realise I am missing the point somewhere here but I cannot get my head round it.

Thanks.

Irene Hall Irene_hall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

System Development
VIRBUS AG