Re: [xsl] Re: Overlapping structures

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Overlapping structures
From: lachance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Francois Lachance)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:27:25 -0400 (EDT)
Dimitre,

I don't know if marking up a concurrent structure by using  ID/IDREF
mechanisms counts as "clean hierarchical structure"....

> It seems to me that in most if not all cases there exists an alternative, pure,
> clean hierarchical structuring (e.g. by using a list of attributes, containing
> descriptive keyword values)
>
> Why it should be expressed in xml?
>
> Dimitre Novatchev.

> <a>I said <z.start/>I will watch my ways</a>
> <a><x/>and keep my tongue from sin<z.end/></a>

the intellectual challenge remains of extracting a "slice", copying it in
such a way to create well-formed output.

--
Francois Lachance, Scholar-at-large
	 http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~lachance/ivt.htm