Re: [xsl] keys and idrefs - XSLT2 request?

Subject: Re: [xsl] keys and idrefs - XSLT2 request?
From: "cutlass" <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:57:26 +0100

i would hope that this, in the future could be trappable by the xsl:fallback
function, btw is there a 'built-in fallback template' for this defined
behavior in the spec ?

this is a topic i raised with respect to interoperability of xml
technologies; but with xslt we would at least expect the version of XPATH to
be bounded to its version of XSLT ( at least the 2 technologies can expect
whatever behavior ),

at the moment its obvious, that if there is going to be any graceful
handling of versioning problems, there is a requirement to make the
xsl:fallback function fine grained enough to deal with a mixture of versions
( of xml vocabularies..and technologies ), and deal gracefully with each
case.

cheers, jim fuller