[xsl] Variable containing sorted node-set?

Subject: [xsl] Variable containing sorted node-set?
From: "Gustaf Liljegren" <gustaf.liljegren@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:04:43 +0200
I'm trying different ways to achieve index pages. Even if I'm still only a
beginner, I may be stretching the limits of XSLT, perhaps doing things in
ways in which they are not supposed to be done.

The document is marked up with <index> tags. In others languages, it would
be natural to put these elements in a list and sort the list. And *then*
doing smart things with that sorted list. I have found no way of doing this
in XSLT. Is it possible to get a variable of sorted <index> elements?

Regards,

Gustaf Liljegren