Re: [xsl] ampersand output

Subject: Re: [xsl] ampersand output
From: Eric Vitiello <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:02:28 -0400
-- David Carlisle [Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:28:19 +0100]:

>> any ideas?
>as you must have seen in the archives of this list.
>an unquoted & in an HTML or XML file is a fatal error, and &amp;
>is what you want, even in an href attribute.
>since that's what you say you got I'm noy sure what the problem is?
>
>David

AHH.  you all are right.

turns out the problem wasn't with the &amp in the URI.  I'd tacked on .xml on the end which was resulting in:

default.asp?person=p1&amp;tree=vitiello.xml

the xml was making the browser think it was XML (which, actually it is...) but the browser was somehow confused as to what to do with it.

anyhow, chopped off the .xml, and it loads perfectly.

Don't I look like the moron? =)

Eric
Perceive Designs
<www.perceive.net>