Re: [xsl] different crosstables from xml data

Subject: Re: [xsl] different crosstables from xml data
From: friepoertner <friepoertner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:06:34 +0200
Thanks for your count tips Jeni!

Obviously the closer the XML source document is to the result that you want, the easier it's going to be for the XSLT to process it. If you
generate something that has the same structure as the table element you want to produce, then you hardly have to do any transformation.

Well actually I build the whole table with php and CSS Stylesheets.

I thought I could do some 'special effects' like
change rows/columns or split tables when their items
reach screen width. Probably xslt is not a programming
language like php or pearl.

But with xml and xsl I don't need access to a php-script on a running webserver to view the results in different styles ...

I wasn't sure from your message whether you wanted help with the rest of the transformation; let us know if you do.

Well, I will try a little bit...

Bye,

Ingo

--