RE: [xsl] Strip CRLF/newline only

Subject: RE: [xsl] Strip CRLF/newline only
From: "Robert C. Lyons" <boblyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:19:23 -0400
Peter,

The xsl:strip-space instruction should do the trick.

For example, the following identity transformation
strips the whitespace that you don't want:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                version="1.0">

  <xsl:output method="xml" indent="no"/>

  <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

  <!-- Identity transformation. -->

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Hope this helps.

Bob

<sig name    = 'Bob Lyons'
     title   = 'B2B Integration Consultant'
     company = 'Unidex, Inc.'
     phone   = '+1-732-975-9877'
     email   = 'boblyons@xxxxxxxxxx'
     url     = 'http://www.unidex.com/'
     product = 'XML Convert: transforms flat files to XML and vice versa' />