Re: [xsl] xt from a command line under Unix

Subject: Re: [xsl] xt from a command line under Unix
From: "Raffaele Sena" <raff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:23:40 -0800
> I am new to Unix.  Any one can give me a real-life
> example to transform an xml to another xml using XT?
>
> Some explanation was found from JClark.com site:
>
> java -Dcom.jclark.xsl.sax.parser=your-sax-driver
> com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver source stylesheet result
> name=value...
>
> but unfortunately, this is not clear to me.

    Assuming you have xt installed in /usr/local/xt
    and you use James Clark sax driver, here is what you would do:

    java -classpath /usr/local/xt/xt.jar:/usr/local/xt/xp.jar:/usr/local/xt/sax.jar
com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver source.xml transf.xsl

    where 'source.xml' is your input xml file and 'transf.xsl' is your transformation stylesheet.

Hope this helps,

    Raffaele

raff@xxxxxxxxxxxx       (::)       http://www.aromatic.org/~raff
              http://www.aromatic.org/

When I say artist I mean the man who is building things
 -- creating molding the earth -- whether it be the plains of the west
 -- or the iron ore of Penn. It's all a big game of construction
 -- some with a brush -- some with a shovel -- some choose a pen.

                             Jackson Pollock