Re: [xsl] XML to Multiple HTML Files

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML to Multiple HTML Files
From: ronald heller <ronald@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:39:56 +0100
check out the latest saxon version.
This uses the xsl:document element to output multiple doucments from a single transformation.

this xsl:document is likely to end up in the xslt 2.0 spec.

Other parser also have similar extensions:
i believe:
xalan uses: xalan:write
and  xt uses xt:output

RH
At 10:19 AM 10/30/01 +0100, you wrote:

On Mon, Oct 29 '01 at 16:18, GF109112@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a XML file that I need to break out sections into separate HTML
> files using XSL. Is this possible?
No, XSL-T 1.0 does not support this. But luckely most XSL-T processors
support the use of document() to open a different output file. For now
you have to check your processors documentation. In the future this will
be a regular function in XSL-T 2.0.p
--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.