Re: [xsl] Xalan Encoding Problems

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan Encoding Problems
From: Jörg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:15:30 +0100
Really strange. I couldn't imagine that Xerces was the problem, because Xalan uses 'in theory' always the current version. On the site of Xalan there is written:

"The Xalan download includes xerces.jar from Xerces-Java version 1.4.3. This is all you need to run Xalan with the Xerces XML parser. You can, however, download the complete Xerces distribution from the xerces-j distribution directory."

The Xerces version 1.4.3 is dated 8/20/2001 and I use it at home. Where did you get your Xalan 2.2.D11 from? This website: http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/index.html ? What was the version of your non-working Xerces?

Joerg

Raul Rodriguez wrote:

David:

You were correct. The problem does seem to lie with the version of Xerces that comes with Xalan_j_2_2_D11. I also downloaded the latest version of the Xerces jar file and it worked. I then used a copy (dated 5/18/2001) that came with my Visual Age for Java distribution and it worked fine. If this has not been reported as a bug, I will register as such.

Thanks

Raul

--

System Development