Re: [xsl] Getting attribute from rootnode...?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting attribute from rootnode...?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:50:25 GMT
> Is this the best sollution? It seems that this will check every node for the
> attribute, while I know that it is in the rootnode.

No, you know it is on the document element. Th eroot node (/) is not an
element node it is above that and essentially represents the whole
document. The element node children of the root node are /* (there will
only be one in a well formed document) and you want the attribute of
that which is

/*/@RootAttributeValue

/@RootAttributeValue
would get the attribute of the root node but root nodes don't have
attributes, only children. (note they may have more than one child

<?xml-stylesheet .... ?>
<!-- an example -->
<x>

</x>

has three child nodes of the root node, a processing instruction, a
comment and an element node.

David