[xsl] Getting name of and element

Subject: [xsl] Getting name of and element
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:53:41 +0000
Well, I now have a different problem, being that I don't get the expected attribute at all (see mails about getting attribute from root-node). Is there a way for me to get the _name_ of the root-element?

That is, I need the name of the node, not what it contains:
XML:
..
<TopmostNodeWithANameThatIDoNotKnow>Has not the attribute that I am trying to extract</TopmostNodeWithANameThatIDoNotKnow>
..

I want the name so that I can see where things goes wrong - I expect that we try to put the attribute into a differently named node (which does not give an error, unfortunately).

If I can just put the name into a variable, I can then print out the name of the value. Incidently, how do you get the names of the attributes that a given node has, if possible?

Hope you can help me
(With help, I mean "Yes, this can be done and you do this...", not "No way of doing what you want" ;-)

Sincerly
Ragulf Pickaxe :)