Re: [xsl] xsl and microsoft:please help me understand

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl and microsoft:please help me understand
From: "cutlass" <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:45:02 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: "TP" <tpass001@xxxxxxxxxxx>

~Hello,

> I am totally new to xsl and not know much about standards and stuff

no worries

> now it is my understanding that IE was the 1st browser to come out with an
> xslt implementation. but now, i have IE 5.0 and my xsl documents are
> designed on it.

well yes, but more important is that IE uses MSXML which is a seperate DLL

on a whole the current processor from M$ is one of the best and very quick

> 1. is it benifical to stay with IE 5.0. will upgrading/programming on a
new
> browser release be harmful

hmmm, goto www.netcrucible.com to get your specific questions asked

or to www.bayes.co.uk ( hehe 3rd time tdy chris ! ) and use his install
program

if u are using the old microsoft namespace then definately upgrade your xsl
stuff and use the latest release parser from microsoft.

> 2. how do i program to the new browser, just upgrade to the new browser
and
> i guess the browser parser will validate my xsl? if i program on ie 5.5 or
> 6.0, will users with ie 5.0 bowsers be able to see without problems what i
> have done. also, i have checked my application and it does not work on
> bowsers other than ie, is there a short and sweet way to correct this.

methinks once again you are using the language that dared not be mentioned
( on this list ), once again this is an FAQ.

upgrade, tell your clients to upgrade, or else ye shall burn....

have a nice weekend, jim fuller