[xsl] Problems with formatting

Subject: [xsl] Problems with formatting
From: "Burisch, Curtis" <Curtis.Burisch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:36:57 -0000
Hi,

Thanks to those people who replied over my little date-reformatting problem,
that's sorted now.

The problem I now face is this: I'm using xalan/xerxes to output a csv file,
problem is that because each field's processing is on a new line in the xsl
file, the resulting csv carries that formatting and so I've got a csv file
where the items are strung out down the page. Which will never do.

"Something",

    "like",

    "this",

    "as",

    "I",

    "am",

    "sure",

    "you",

    "understand"

I've tried playing with <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/> but I'm sure that
only affects the source xml document!! And I wasn't able to find anything
relevant on the web... the problem definitely originates in my xsl file, but
short of physically putting the entire template on one line, I can't see a
solution!!

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Curtis.

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential and not for third party unauthorised distribution."