[xsl] Dynamic XSL Templates

Subject: [xsl] Dynamic XSL Templates
From: Bryan Kearney <bk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:16:41 -0700
I do not know if this is a good thing or not, but is it possible. We have a
valid business case around this, but the essence is can I dynamicly navigate
the XPATH node? Assume the data is as follows:

<root>
	<parent>
		<child> Hello </child>
	</parent>
</root>

How can I make the following xsl template print out "Hello"? Note, I would
like to use the templates as levels of indirection. Thanks in advance!

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

	<xsl:template match="root">
		<xsl:call-template name="one">
			<xsl:with-param  name="parm1" select="parent"/>
		</xsl:call-template>
	</xsl:template>

	<xsl:template name="one">
		<xsl:param name="parm1"/>
		<xsl:call-template name="two">
			<xsl:with-param  name="parm2" select="$parm1"/>
			<xsl:with-param
name="nodeName">child</xsl:with-param>
		</xsl:call-template>
	</xsl:template>

	<xsl:template name="two">
		<xsl:param name="parm2"/>
		<xsl:param name="nodeName"/>
		<!-- Here, How Can I select the child node named "nodeName"
of parm2?-->
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

-- bk