Re: [xsl] xslt on server-side vs. client-side

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt on server-side vs. client-side
From: Jeff Kenton <jkenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:39:28 -0500
I wasn't talking about stability, I was talking about users adopting the
latest releases.  For browsers in particular, 18 months is optimistic if
you expect everyone to be using something new within that time frame.

--jeff

..
.. lifecycles are becoming fragmented, though this is a favorable marketing
.. condition, not a good condition for creating stable software; versioning
.. doesnt mean anything ( build number is more important ) any more as the lag
.. between release and recieving feedback ( and subsequent patch ) on that
.. release grows smaller and smaller.
..
.. 5 years, those days are long gone...... or never were ? computing has only
.. been around usefully for about 50-60 years or so; which means 5 years is
.. approx 10% of the the entire lifetime of computing.....
..
.. 18 mths is my timeline to stability with a heavy dose of risk analysis.
..
.. cheers, jim fuller
..