RE: [xsl] XSL and international characters

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL and international characters
From: "Chris Bayes" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:16:56 -0000
I was looking at this and waiting for Marcin to get back to me.
I thought it might be easier to do on the client.
When a char above 80 is entered in a form the unicode character is sent
as a 2 byte encoded character but with no indication that it is a 2 byte
sequence. I just thought that a script that used the javascript
encode/charCodeAt could be used to create a "&#C582;" in the form field
before submitting which would solve the immediate problem. I just
couldn't work out how %C5%82 relates to the right unicode code point as
hex C582 represents the hangul syllable yahn. Oh well DC will probably
put me right on that.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml