RE: [xsl] how do I find the sum for nested elements???

Subject: RE: [xsl] how do I find the sum for nested elements???
From: Joshua.Kuswadi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:35:55 +1100
Hi Garrick,

For the below structure: (Note I've added a document element)
<AgentList>
> <AgentInfo>
>     <MerchantList>
>          <MerchantInfo>
>              <Bal>10</Bal>
>          </MerchantInfo>
>          <MerchantInfo>
>              <Bal>10</Bal>
>          </MerchantInfo>
>     </MerchantList>
>   </AgentInfo>
>    <AgentInfo>
>       <MerchantList>
>            <MerchantInfo>
>                 <Bal>10</Bal>
>            </MerchantInfo>
>            <MerchantInfo>
>                 <Bal>10</Bal>
>            </MerchantInfo>
>       </MerchantList>
>   </AgentInfo>
<AgentList>

> I need the Total Balance i.e Grand Total for all Merchants
> ....and also the
> Total Balance Agent wise using XSL

something like this should return the desired result. (I'm assuming you want it in an HTML table format)
<xsl:stylesheet>
<xsl:template match="/AgentList">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="AgentInfo" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="AgentInfo">
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

> eg Grand Total =40
> (Agent wise)Total=20

HTH,
Joshua

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose its contents to anyone.