RE: [xsl] Welcome comments: White spaces in HTML pages from XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] Welcome comments: White spaces in HTML pages from XSLT
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 13:58:03 +0100
"Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@xxxxxx> wrote:
> You say that no examples have been given where disable-output-escaping won't
> work. This is not true.
> - - Transformix in Mozilla
> - - .NET XSLT engine
> - - Xalan in Coocoon
> - - Any XSLT engine when producing a DOM tree rather than a stream

Well, accuse me of nitpicking: No processor will honor a d-o-e
directive unless it serializes the result. AFAIK all of the processors
above will follow the d-o-e directive if they are serializing the result
itself ("Xalan in Cocoon" is not really a processor, it's more "a processor
embedded in a framework" or so). Whether a processor serializes the
transformation result depends on how the processor is used.

I'd really like to have the transformation and serializing pass
better separated in the XSL spec.

Regards
J.Pietschmann