Re: [xsl] ampersand character in xsl attribute?

Subject: Re: [xsl] ampersand character in xsl attribute?
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:09:54 -0700 (MST)
> I've tried disable-output-escaping with no luck.  Very frustrating... I
> realize it's "bad HTML" to not use &amp;, but since this is for an HTML
> version of a newsletter, I don't trust that email clients will convert the
> URL correctly.

You won't find much sympathy around here :)

You will have to trust that email clients will convert the URL correctly.

Some XSLT processors have extensions that let you disable output escaping
on attribute values. But in general, it's never needed. If the client
purports to support HTML, it's required to interpret &amp; as & and not
just blindly copy the URI reference from the attribute value.

   - Mike