Where is the benefit ? (Was : RE: [xsl] The hard cocktail of sequence and (node-)set ..)

Subject: Where is the benefit ? (Was : RE: [xsl] The hard cocktail of sequence and (node-)set ..)
From: "Kevin Jones" <kjouk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:43:05 -0000
> However, while all comments are
> welcome, I think
> you would be wasting your time. We're now at the stage where people don't
> want to reexamine the fundamental data model unless it's found to contain
> very serious holes; and I think that while it isn't perfect, it
> is workable.

Having had a quick look through the new specs I am confused at where the
real benefit is for the XPath 2.0 changes other than a few extra functions.
It's easy to see the improvements in XSLT 2.0 but the rest is just passing
me by. Anyone care to try and pinpoint what is going to make XPath2.0 better
rather than just different?

Regards,
Kev.