Re: [xsl] the problem with include and import

Subject: Re: [xsl] the problem with include and import
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 12:36:51 GMT
> (such as overriding matches, if I'm not mistaken).

ues matches (and keys) I meant the whole point of xsl:import is to allow
the importing stylesheet to override the imported one.

The behaviour of variable definitions is just a consequence of that,
so I fail to see why it is seen as a problem rather than a feature.

> Anyhow, what I was proposing was
> an *option* to supply a namespace for the imported templates.

I don't see how that would work. Everywhere in xpath/xslt a namespace
is just an integral part of a name not some dynamic construct that can
be changed on the fly. Changing a qname from namespace a to namespace B
is no different from changing its local name. the "name" just consists
of a pair of strings, the uri and a local name.

David