[xsl] passing in a variable to the DOCUMENT()

Subject: [xsl] passing in a variable to the DOCUMENT()
From: "Todd Binder" <todd_binder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:27:58 -0500
I am trying to passing a variable into DOCUMENT() within XSL, and having no
success.

<xsl:variable name="xmlfile" select="gfile">
where xmlfile would then represent the complete filepath of the XML file
(path + filename.xml)

then when I try to use the following

<xsl:variable name="datafile" select="document($xmlfile)"/>

I am not getting anything, and my XSL transoformation stops.

Is this allowed?  I know that I can use successfully
<xsl:variable name="datafile"
select="document('../cgi-bin/xml/thisdatafile.xml')"/>

I have tried it with both xsl:variable and xsl:apply-templates, but neither
appear to allow me to pass in a variable to the document().

- Todd Binder
todd_binder@xxxxxxxxxxx