Re: [xsl] xalan error with plain text

Subject: Re: [xsl] xalan error with plain text
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:35:44 +0000
Hi Michael,

> I'm trying to do simple transform from a simple XML document to
> plain text. I'm using the current Xalan 2.2D14 and the supplied
> Xerces and JDOM 1.0b7 for my XML generation.

Your XSLT stylesheet is fine, so I suspect that there's a problem with
the code you're using to invoke the transformation. You'd be better
off asking on xalan-j-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx probably.

> also on a related note, I can't seem to get the
> "omit-xml-declaration" attribute of <xsl:output> to work either.

The 'omit-xml-declaration' attribute is only relevant when you're
generating XML, so I wouldn't expect it to have any effect with your
text-generating stylesheet.

Cheers,

Jeni

---