[xsl] Saxon6.0.2: user written extensions

Subject: [xsl] Saxon6.0.2: user written extensions
From: Xiaocun Xu <xiaocunxu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 06:01:52 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

  I am interested to implement Jeni's recommendation
for attribute name mapping via mapping XML (Re: [xsl]
change a list of attribute name).  I thought the most
efficient way to handle this would be through user
written extension functions.
  The situation I have right now is our application
currently uses Saxon6.0.2 (started to use a year ago)
and Xerces1.2.0.  I tried to upgrade to Saxon6.4.3,
but that had collision with Xerces1.2.0 (which I had
to put Saxon6.4.3 in front of Xerces1.2.0 in the
classpath to get around).  We probably won't have time
to upgrade both to Saxon6.4.3 and Xerces1.4.4 until
the next major release.
  With my current situation, is it possible to write
user written extension functions?  If not, the only
alternative is via templates?

Much thanks,
Xiaocun