[xsl] Passing sort criteria as a paramter

Subject: [xsl] Passing sort criteria as a paramter
From: "David B. Bitton" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:33:00 -0500
I have been passing the sort element name into my xsl by way of a
parameter.  I then do this:

<xsl:sort select="*[local-name() = $sortby"]">

and this works great.  Now, I want to qualify the element name, such
that the select attribute would read

select="Amount[../IsCredit=1]"

if I wanted to just park the select attribute at one element.

Now, how can I pass the above predicated element name into the
stylesheet?  If I need to seperate the predicate from the element name,
this would not be a problem, as I could use substring-before, or any of
the string handling XPath functions.  Jenni, want a go at this?

--

David B. Bitton
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Diversa ab illis virtute valemus.