Re: [xsl] Unicode usage

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unicode usage
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:53:16 -0500
[Julian Reschke]

> you have proved that programs which do not know about UTF-8 will not
display
> it properly. Big deal. (Sorry). I don't think that anything except HTML
user
> agents is relevant here.

When someone says their results aren't displaying correctly, there's no way
to know if they are looking at them with a browser, an editor, or what, if
they haven't said.  If it's not a browser, and often it may not be, the
results could be unexpected, depending on what combinations of software they
have.  What I showed is a bit about which common apps do it right or not.

But I could swear we've beaten this to death.

Cheers,

Tom P