RE: [xsl] RE:read-write same url in xslt 2 [was appendig to multiple output files]

Subject: RE: [xsl] RE:read-write same url in xslt 2 [was appendig to multiple output files]
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:11:45 -0000
> I guess what I'm asking for is that xslt 2.0 should have at
> least something
> like saxon:next-in-chain. I've read through the spec a couple
> times haven't
> seen anything there, or anything that dealt with piping
> transformation but I
> could well have missed it. Is there?

The XSL WG is debating a recent proposal for something called
<xsl:apply-transformation> which would apply a stylesheet to a source tree
and return the document node of the result tree. There are various views on
how it might work in detail, but there seems to be a reasonable level of
enthusiasm that something along these lines should be provided. But as often
happens, the devil will be in the detail.

Mike Kay