Re: [xsl] RE:read-write same url in xslt 2 [was appendig to multiple output files]

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE:read-write same url in xslt 2 [was appendig to multiple output files]
From: Trevor Nash <tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:19:02 +0000
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:19:39 -0000, Mike Kay wrote:

>I did at one stage explore a different processing model in which there was a
>single result tree, and xsl:document was treated as a serialization
>directive to produce multiple serial output files from a single tree. But
>that has complications too, and we abandoned it.

Pity that: it is a real pain to have to effectively write the same
stylesheet logic twice in order to extract things like table of
contents information as well as the main output document.

Its not just the implied performance hit, its the maintainability of
such a beast.

Regards,
Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx