[xsl] Parameter Passing and fo:retrieve-marker

Subject: [xsl] Parameter Passing and fo:retrieve-marker
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:21:32 -0600
I'm using a parameter to parameterize running foot processing where I
need to pass in different variable result tree fragments for different
parts of doc (see style sheet fragment below). The problem I'm having is
that the fo:retrieve-marker element isn't making it to the output FO
doc. When I examine the output FO document, I can find the fo:leader and
the xsl:text element within the fo:static-content element, but the
fo:retrieve-marker isn't there and I have no idea why not. I am using
Saxon for the transform.

If I replace the variable reference with the contents of the parameter
default value directly in the style sheet, then I get the
fo:retrieve-marker elements ane everything works.

Am I missing something? What is the parameter mechanism doing that I
don't understand?

Here's the template in question:

<xsl:template name="running-foot">
  <xsl:param name="number-prefix-odd">
    <xsl:message>Setting default value of
number-prefix-odd</xsl:message>
    <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="section-title"/>
    <fo:leader leader-pattern="space" leader-length="1em"/>
    <xsl:text>foo</xsl:text>
  </xsl:param>
  <fo:static-content flow-name="region-after-odd">
    <fo:block
        font-family="sans-serif"
        font-size="{$body-font-size}"
        text-align-last="justify">
      <fo:inline
          text-align="left"><xsl:text>Some Constant Value</xsl:text>
      </fo:inline>
      <fo:leader leader-pattern="space"/>
      <fo:inline
          text-align="right">
        <xsl:value-of select="$number-prefix-odd"
        /><fo:page-number/>
      </fo:inline>
    </fo:block>
  </fo:static-content>