RE: [xsl] SaxonServlet

Subject: RE: [xsl] SaxonServlet
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 15:33:43 +0100
"Eamonn Neylon" <eneylon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mike [Kay] wrote:
> >>This problem is caused because you have an implementation of JAXP 1.0 on
> >>your classpath, ahead of the JAXP 1.1 code. Find it and remove it, or move
> >>Saxon to the front of the classpath.
> I had already tried this before I sent the message to the list, but to no
> avail.

Servlet engines usually meddle heavily with the classpath, and sometimes
with the bootclasspath. For some engines the user-parametrizable classpath
is prepended with some other stuff made up by the engine, especially
products which use XML files for their configuration data tend to have
their own XML parser there. You'll have to examine the documentation of
your engine closely, and perhaps ask the manufacturer to resolve the
problem.
Try to write a servlet which prints the System.getProperty("java.class.path")
and examine it whether there is a parser.jar or some other suspect jar
(containing "xml") in there before the saxon jar.

HTH
J.Pietschmann