RE: [xsl] memory leak problem with browser component in VB

Subject: RE: [xsl] memory leak problem with browser component in VB
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:45:07 -0600
>     I have an application that contain a Webbrowser
>  component to load html pages. When I navigate through
>  htmls the memory usage of my application is increasing. It
>  is not deallocating the memory after a long time also.
>      But when I minimize my application the unused memory
>  got freed and application memory used got decreased. But
>  in my application i cannot do minimize as that button
>  should be disabled(Its a strict requirement). Is there any
>  other way to deallocate the memory used by the browser
>  component?

This is way off topic for the list, but...

First, if you can, you might see if you can set the pages not to cache at
all.  Any page that doesn't cache should release memory when the browser is
done with it.

Otherwise, assuming you're using IE; then, if you call it as an object you
have full access to the API for controlling and using it.  I haven't looked
at the doc's in a long time (and who knows where they are on the MS site
since they've reorganized it yet again), but I would expect that you should
be able to find a method for doing a flush on old pages, or a method for
clearing the in memory cache.