Re: [xsl] [xsl:] From two sibling nodes to output one (transformed) inside the other at a specific place.

Subject: Re: [xsl] [xsl:] From two sibling nodes to output one (transformed) inside the other at a specific place.
From: Markus Spath <mspath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:27:12 +0100

TSchutzerWeissmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

this is not intended to be an exercise in solipsism,

:)

just to save you the
trouble of replying where it's unnecessary - sorry!

I wrote:

 - is there an efficient way I can copy all the static content elements
except my marker element, which I replace with the contents of the variable?

just a thought about possibly simplifying what you want to do:

since you obviously have got your static content well formatted and just need to insert some elements every now and then, why don't you write a stylesheet based on your static content and calling/applying templates there when necessary?

then you just need to feed this stylesheet with a document containing your variant data (your dynamic content node).

markus