[xsl] Multiple attributes present and non-present

Subject: [xsl] Multiple attributes present and non-present
From: Mike Ferrando <mikeferrando@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:22:15 -0800 (PST)
List (et al.),
I was looking for a way to copy all the attributes of any element in
my xsl:stylesheet. I stumbled on to this (below).  I have not found
an example of copy-of being used this way. Should I use a different
method?

Also it would be nice not to have the empty attributes (taken from my
dtd probably) appear. How can I null this consequence?

Sincerely,
Mike F.

XSL:
<xsl:template match="/">
<HEY>
<xsl:apply-templates select="//PERSNAME"/>
</HEY>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="PERSNAME">
<xsl:element name="PERSNAME">
<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
<xsl:copy-of select="node()"/>
</xsl:element>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Output:
<HEY>
   <PERSNAME NORMAL="Sondheim, Stephen" ROLE=""
ENCODINGANALOG="">Sondheim</PERSNAME>
   <PERSNAME ENCODINGANALOG="700$a" ROLE="lyr" NORMAL="Hart,
Lorenz">Lorenz Hart</PERSNAME>
</HEY>