Re: [xsl] Resetting context to main document with "document()"?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Resetting context to main document with "document()"?
From: Markus Spath <mspath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:52:37 +0100
hi,

Costantino Sertorio wrote:

Hi,
I was using the variable before, but it is not a nice solution: the problem
is that then I have the xml filename in the xsl, which is unpractical (what
if I change directories for xml / xsl). I tried also to set the variable to
"/" as shown below, but (MSXML) it outputs trash to the screen...
There is the obvious trick of passing the same name also as parameter, but
it is also not "elegant". I suppose there has to be a way to reset to the
MAIN parsed document without dirty tricks.....

please correct me if i am wrong, but you never leave your 'main' document, so there is no need for coming back. when you access/transform imported documents in some template, you are right back within your main document as soon as the template did its job.

sorry if my assumptions are too simplicissimistic ;)

markus