Re: [xsl] Place Input doctype-system and doctype-public in output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Place Input doctype-system and doctype-public in output
From: "John Rozier" <ROZIERJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 16:43:44 -0500
The motivation of my inquire is to provide a utility that would allow our to select by ids
 a number of the records in the original file and create a subset using the original DTD.

>>> tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx 03/07/02 04:34PM >>>
Generally you use xslt to transform a document, and after that it conforms
to a different DTD.  I think it must be rare for the output to meet the
original DTD, although I can see it happening in a few cases.

Tom P

[John Rozier]

Do you know  how to reuse the input doctype-system and doctype-public from
the input file in the output file.
This would reduce the number of input parameters and the user would not have
to know the correct dtd information.
This is how I would hard code it. I would like to avoid having to hard code
it.
<xsl:output

doctype-system="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/databases/dtd/premedlinecitation_0111
01.dtd"
   doctype-public="-//NLM//DTD -//NLM//DTD PreMedlineCitation, 1st November
2001//EN//EN"/>