Re: [xsl] A doubt

Subject: Re: [xsl] A doubt
From: Peter Davis <pdavis152@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:01:22 -0800
There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to pass a node or attribute to
an extension function.

But you need to provide a lot more information before anyone can say what is
wrong.  What is user:modify() supposed to do?  Did you write it?  In what
language is it written (Javascript, VBScript, Java, etc.)?  What XSLT
processor are you using?  And most importantly, exactly how did it "not work"?

Can you provide examples of the input and output, and, if possible, source
code to user:modify() and the other significant pieces of your template?

On Thursday 07 March 2002 19:31, Bagchi Ratul wrote:
> Hi,
> I was trying something out.But it didnt work.I was for-each ing thru a set
> of nodes and displaying the child nodes.Now I have a requirement that while
> displaying a particular child node i have to make some modification to it's
> value.So I was writing
> <xsl:for-each blabla>
> <xsl:value-of select="user:modify(@x)" >
> </xsl:for-each>
> But it did not work.Is calling a script function with a node not
> possible??? Regards,
> Ratul.

Also, just a pet peeve of mine (I know this is a public forum and no one
expects perfect English, especially if it is not your native language), but
you should put a " " space after a period or other puncuation.  Don't worry,
you're certainly not the first person here who does this :)

--
Peter Davis