[xsl] extension & Charecter

Subject: [xsl] extension & Charecter
From: "Laura Jenkins" <xsl_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:25:11 +0000
Hi My problem is an extension of Greggs problem

I am generating an xml file out of an xml file.
the xml file has the following format

<college id="21">
<type>Music &amp;  Arts </type>
</college>

and i am required to generate another custom made xml that will have this value of type in the following way

<univ.college>
<xsl:value-of select = "/college/type"/>
</univ.college>

this results in a output that looks like

<univ.college>
Music &  Arts
</univ.college>

BUT SINCE '&' IS NOT ACCEPTED IN THE XML FILE, THE BROWSER THROWS THE EXCEPTION "Whitespace is not allowed at this location. Error processing resource"

NOW IS THERE A WAY THAT I OUTPUT THE CONTENTS OF THE TYPE TAG AS IS TO PRODUCE EVEN IN THE OUT PUT &amp; instead of &.??

regards
laura