[xsl] Why Hex character like Hex04 are not suppoted by XML/XSL

Subject: [xsl] Why Hex character like Hex04 are not suppoted by XML/XSL
From: "Avula, Raj" <RAvula@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:44:13 -0800
Hi All,

	I know that Hexadecimal characters are not supported by XML
Specification.
It actually results in lots and lots of practical problems, like if I want
to pass rawdata
which has hexa-decimal characters in it as part of xml element.
I will have to encode all the rawdata string and decode
it back after parsing which is a performace hit. Does any body know why xml
does not
support these hexa-decimal characters. Could you guys also suggest me the
best
solution to handle this situation..

Thanks A Lot

Raj..

"MMS <firstam.com>" made the following
 annotations on 03/15/02 16:45:42
"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH, ARE INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE INDICATED IN THIS MESSAGE (OR RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERY OF THIS MESSAGE TO SUCH PERSON) YOU MAY NOT REVIEW, USE, DISCLOSE OR DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE OR ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH.  IF YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND ALL COPIES OF IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM."