[xsl] Q: XPath Expression for Multiple Attribute testing in the same sub-element

Subject: [xsl] Q: XPath Expression for Multiple Attribute testing in the same sub-element
From: Peter Bray <pdb_ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:24:17 +1100 (EST)
Greetings,

	Given an XML document like the following except with multiple
products, I wish to select all products of a given classification but
only if that is their primary classification.

<document>
  <product name="gdbm">
    <classificationlist>
      <classification class="GNUVersion" primary="true"/>
      <classification class="Library"    primary="false"/>
    </classificationlist>
   </product>
</document>

So in <xsl:apply-templates select=""> I what to say
	SELECT ALL <product>
          SUCH THAT classificationlist/classification/@class = $class
	        AND classificationlist/classification/@primary = 'true'

My problem seems to be that I can't determine how to address correctly
the second part of the test such that I'm refering to the
<classification> with a @class of $class. I seem to keep getting all
products with the correct classification regardles of the value of
@primary.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance,

Peter

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.